National Fellowship for OBC Result 2018-19 | List, Guidelines, Annexures
NFOBC – National Fellowship for OBC Result 2018-19:
The UGC has been implementing the scheme of National Fellowship for OBC (Other Backward Classes) as entrusted & funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC) and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full time M.Phil. and Ph.D degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. There are 300 slots for award of fellowship every year for all the subjects for consideration of application received through On-line submission from research scholar belonging to OBC category. There is a provision of 3% reservation for slots for consideration of award of fellowship to research scholars for Persons with Disability (PwD) who belongs to OBC category.
More Details: National Fellowship for OBC (Other Backward Classes)
The list of provisional selected candidates under the scheme of “NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP FOR OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES” (OBC) for the selection year 2018-19 is attached.
National Fellowship for OBC Result 2018-19
The candidates and the institutions where the provisional selected candidates are pursuing their research are informed and advised as under:
1. The candidates and their institutions may note that the selections have been made on the basis of information given by the candidates therefore their selection is provisional. UGC may verify the information, as given by the candidates, before or after disbursement of fellowship.
2. For claiming the fellowship/scholarship the candidates are advised to fill in the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ and submit it to the officials concerned of their institutions. The verification form shall be duly signed/countersigned by the scholar, the Guide, the Head of Department and the Registrar of University/Director of Institute. A proforma of the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ is also attached below.
Annexures for National Fellowship for OBC 2018-19 Selected Applicants
3. The institution concerned shall check the result for the details of provisional selected candidate on official UGC website only i.e. https://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx. It may be noted that no Award Letter will be issued separately.
4. Apart from verifying the name of candidate in the selection list from UGC website, the institution is also required to strictly follow the following procedure:
- Read the guidelines of scheme;
- verify and ensure that the candidate is eligible for receiving the fellowship under the scheme as per the guidelines;
- ensure the authenticity and correctness of Category/Caste of the candidate;
- verify/authenticate the educational qualifications and marks obtained by him/her;
- ensure that all the documents required as per the guidelines are completely and correctly filled by the scholar in the formats prescribed by UGC;
- Deposit all the documents submitted by the candidate and keep them in its safe custody and upload the required information, on the scholarship payment portal for claiming the fellowsip through DBT mode;
- Ensure that both the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ and ‘Certificate by the Institution are strictly as per the format given here, are completely filled, properly scanned and uploaded on the scholarship portal.
5. After satisfying itself of the genuineness of the claim and verification of all facts as given in the verification form cum joining report, the concerned institution shall link the candidate on the portal, give all the details and upload a legible and complete copy of scanned ‘verification form cum joining report’ along with the ‘Certificate by the Institution’ on the scholarship payment portal (https://scholarship.canarabank.in/)
6. Once the candidate starts receiving the fellowship, Institution shall ensure that all the claims for Fellowship and HRA are received regularly and uploaded in a time bound manner on scholarship portal on monthly
7. The data of scholar is required to be uploaded by a ‘Maker’ and approved by a ‘Checker’ who should be permanent officials of that university/institution duly authorised by the Head of Institution to access the scholarship payment portal.
- Strict action shall be taken against the scholar for furnishing any type of wrong/misleading information in respect of his/her eligibility and other details for getting the fellowship and for furnishing wrong/misleading information during the tenure of research period. UGC reserves the right to take action/initiate proceedings against such scholars and for recovery of full amount of paid fellowship along with interest.
- The institution concerned and its officials shall be held responsible if any payment is made to an ineligible scholar on the basis of uploading of wrong/misleading information on the payment portal. Action shall be taken against the institution/officials including blacklisting of the institution and recovery of paid amount of fellowship with interest from the institution/officials concerned.
- Un-authorised access of the scholarship payment portal shall invite action under the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (IT) Act.