UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1 (eBook with MCQ) ⇒ BUY NOW
The UGC has been implementing the scheme of National Fellowship for OBC (Other Backward Classes) as entrusted & funded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC) and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil. and Ph.D degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
NFOBC – National Fellowship for OBC Result 2019-20
There are 300 slots for award of fellowship every year for all the subjects for consideration of application received through On-line submission from research scholar belonging to OBC category. There is a provision of 3% reservation for slots for consideration of award of fellowship to research scholars for Persons with Disability (PwD) who belongs to OBC category.
More Details: National Fellowship for OBC (Other Backward Classes)
List of candidates in National Fellowship for OBC Result, who have been identified for award of “National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes” (NFOBC) for the selection year 2019-20 (both cycles i.e. June, 2019 cycle and December, 2019 cycle) is announced. The candidates, whose roll numbers are given in the list are eligible to receive fellowship for pursuing research leading to award of M.Phil/Ph.D as per the guidelines of scheme, terms & conditions contained in the Award letter and the Notification.
The list of provisional selected candidates under the scheme of “NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP FOR OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES” (OBC) for the selection year 2019-20 is attached.
National Fellowship for OBC Result 2019-20
Last Date to Apply for Availing Fellowship: before 31.07.2020 only
Important Guidelines of National Fellowship for OBC Result:
The candidates and the institutions where the identified candidates are pursuing their research or where a candidate seeks admission are required to adhere to the following:
1. The candidates, whose roll numbers are given in the attached list may also check their result on UGC website at www.ugcnetonline.in. The candidates, who want to avail the fellowship for pursuing research leading to award of M.Phil/Ph.D may download their Award Letter from www.ugcnetonline.in.
2. The candidates and their institutions may note that the selections have been made on the basis of information given by the candidates, while applying for NET. Therefore, their selection is provisional. The eligibility of the candidate, for the fellowship, is required to be ensured by University/Institution at the time of admission to M.Phil/Ph.D.
3. The fellowship will be payable from thedate of issue of result of NFOBC(in case, the candidate is already pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D) OR from the actual date of joiningM.Phil/Ph.D, whichever is later. Therefore, if a candidate has already taken admission, for M.Phil./Ph.D through regular and full time mode, in any UGC recognised University/Institution and his/her roll number is given in the list, he/she should apply for fellowship before 31.07.2020 only.
4. The identified candidates who have not taken admission/registration are advised to get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D in a UGC recognised University/Institution at the first available opportunity but not later than three years from the date of issue of award letter.
5. For claiming the fellowship the candidates are advised to fill in the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ and submit it to the officials concerned of their institutions. The verification form shall be duly signed/countersigned by the scholar, the Guide, the Head of Department and the Registrar of University/Director of Institute. A proforma of the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ is also attached below:
Annexures for National Fellowship for OBC Result 2019-20 Selected Applicants
6. The fellowship amount shall be disbursed by UGC directly into the bank account of the Awardee. The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of five years. The fellowship will not be payable for gap period between submission of M.Phil dissertation and admission in Ph.D.
The maximum gap period allowed between submission of M.Phil dissertation and admission in Ph.D is one year. However, the period of five years for payment of fellowship will be counted from the date of joining the fellowship.
7. Apart from verifying the credentials of candidate, the university/institution is also required to strictly follow the following:
- Read the guidelines of scheme and this notification thoroughly.
- Verify and ensure that the candidate is eligible for receiving the fellowship under the scheme as per the guidelines and this notification.
- Ensure the authenticity and correctness of claim of candidate that he/she belongs to a notified ‘Other Backward Caste’.
- Verify/authenticate the required educational qualifications and marks obtained by him/her.
- Ensure that all the documents required as per the guidelines and notification are completely and correctly filled by the scholar in the formats prescribed by UGC.
- Deposit all the documents submitted by the candidate and keep their record in its safe custody and upload the required information, on the scholarship payment portal for claiming the fellowship through DBT mode.
- Ensure that both the ‘Verification Form cum Joining Report’ and ‘Certificate by the Institution’ are strictly as per the format given hereunder, are completely filled, properly scanned and uploaded on the scholarship portal.
8. After satisfying itself of the genuineness of the claim and verification of all facts as given in the verification form cum joining report, the concerned institution shall link the candidate on the portal, give all the details and upload a legible and complete copy of scanned ‘verification form cum joining report’along with the ‘Certificate by the Institution’ on the scholarship payment portal (https://scholarship.canarabank.in/).
9. Once the candidate starts receiving the fellowship, Institution shall ensure that all the claims for Fellowship, HRA and contingency are received regularly by them and the data is uploaded by them in a time bound manner on scholarship portal on monthly basis (before 15thof every month).10.The data of scholar is required to be uploaded by a ‘Maker’ and approved by a ‘Checker’ who should be permanent officials of that university/institution & duly authorised by the Head of Institution to access the scholarship payment portal.
I. Strict action, as per law, shall be taken against the scholar for furnishing any type of wrong/misleading information in respect of his/her eligibility and other details for getting the fellowship and for furnishing wrong/misleading information during the tenure of research period. UGC reserves the right to take action/initiate proceedings against such scholars and for recovery of fullamount of paid fellowship along with interest.
II The institution concerned and its officials shall be held responsible if any payment is made to an ineligible scholar on the basis of uploading of wrong/misleading information on the payment portal. Actionshall be taken against the institution/officials including blacklisting of the institution and recovery of paid amount of fellowship with interest from the institution/officials concerned.
III. Un-authorised access of the scholarship payment portal shall invite action under the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (IT) Act.
Official Notification of National Fellowship for OBC Result: Click here