Get Study Materials of UGC NET Paper 1 (eBook with MCQ) ⇒ DOWNLOAD NOW
Free UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1
UGC NET Study Materials Paper 1 : UGC NET Exam is an entry pass for the academic world. The NET qualified individuals are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor at colleges and university level throughout India. Additionally, a NET qualified candidate is also exempted from the entrance test for PhD admission of all universities across India.
The UGC NET exam is often described as one of the most challenging tests in India. Why is it tough? Well, the reason is simple, the UGC NET exam covers a vast and lengthy syllabus. To crack this exam, you need to be really dedicated and sincere in your efforts. It’s not something you can do successfully and easily.
So, when people say it’s a tough exam, they mean that it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. But with the right approach and commitment, you can definitely achieve your goal of passing the UGC NET exam and opening up exciting opportunities in the academic world.
Before reading UGC NET Study Materials, there are four important tips to achieve a better score in the upcoming UGC NET Exam:
- Must be aware about the pattern of the UGC NET Exam.
- Study according to updated UGC NET Syllabus.
- Solve the previous year question papers (to know the important topics and for better time management).
- The approach of the study should be MCQ based for high score.
Question Pattern for UGC NET Paper 1
Before diving into the UGC NET study materials, it’s essential to understand how Paper 1’s questions are structured. UGC NET Paper 1, known as the General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude, is a must for all subjects. In UGC NET Paper 1, you’ll find 50 multiple choice questions, and each question is worth 2 marks. You’re required to answer all 50 questions.
UGC NET Paper 1 has the following 10 units (Topics) and each unit has equal weightage:
(UGC NET study materials have been prepared according to the revised syllabus).
Unit-I Teaching Aptitude
Unit-II Research Aptitude
Unit-V Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
Unit-VI Logical Reasoning
Unit-VII Data Interpretation
Unit-VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Unit-IX People, Development and Environment
Unit-X Higher Education System
Free UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1
Now, you can go through UGC NET study material for Paper 1. Here, you can find the brief and important topics of each unit of Paper 1. The UGC NET study materials are provided according to the new pattern and updated syllabus.
Each unit has been divided into several topics. Just click on the topic and start to read the study materials for paper 1 without any cost. It is free for all aspirants.
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!!
Click the following links for Free UGC NET Study Materials ⇓
Unit 1 – Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning:
- Teacher centred vs. Learner-centred methods;
- Off-line vs. On-line methods (New Topic)
- Swayam (New Topic)
- Swayamprabha (New Topic)
- MOOCs (New Topic)
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based (New Topic)
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation
- Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education,
- Computer-based testing,
- Innovations in evaluation systems
Unit 2 – Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivistic approach to research
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods
- Steps of Research
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in Research (New Topic)
- Research Ethics
UNIT 3 – Comprehension
UNIT 4 – Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society (New Topic)
UNIT 5 – Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.)
UNIT 6 – Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge (New Topic)
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension) (New Topic)
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference) (New Topic)
UNIT 7 – Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data ♦ Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data
- Data Interpretation
- Data and Governance (New Topic)
UNIT 8 – Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in higher education (New Topic)
- ICT and Governance (New Topic)
UNIT 9 – People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals (New Topic)
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment (New Topic)
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political Dimensions (New Topic)
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance (New Topic)
UNIT 10 – Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India (New Topic)
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India
- Professional, Technical and Skill-Based education (New Topic)
- Value education and environmental education (New Topic)
- Policies, Governance, and Administration