UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1 (eBook with MCQ) ⇒ BUY NOW
UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1
Study Materials for UGC NET: UGC NET Exam is an entry pass for the academic world. The NET qualified individuals are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor at colleges and university level throughout India. Additionally, a NET qualified candidate is also exempted from the entrance test for PhD admission.
UGC NET exam is considered one of the toughest exams in India. It is tough, because of the syllabus of UGC NET Exam is very lengthy and vast. For cracking the UGC NET exam, the aspirants should be more dedicated and sincere to achieving the goal.
Before reading UGC NET Study Materials, there are four important tips to achieve a better score in the upcoming UGC NET Exam:
- Must be aware of the pattern of the UGC NET Exam
- Study according to updated UGC NET Syllabus
- Solve the previous year question papers (to know the important topics and for better time management).
- The approach of the study should be MCQ based ( For high score)
Question Pattern for UGC NET Paper 1
An aspirant should be aware of the question pattern of Paper 1 before going through the UGC NET Study materials. Paper 1 is General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude and is compulsory for all subjects. The UGC NET Examination Paper 1 contains fifty (50) multiple choice questions, each question carries two (2) marks. All Fifty (50) questions are compulsory.
UGC NET Paper 1 has the following 10 units (Topics) and each unit has equal weightage:
(The UGC NET study materials have been prepared according to these units).
Unit-I Teaching Aptitude
Unit-II Research Aptitude
Unit-V Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
Unit-VI Logical Reasoning
Unit-VII Data Interpretation
Unit-VIII Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Unit-IX People, Development and Environment
Unit-X Higher Education System
UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1
Now, you can go through UGC NET study material for Paper 1. Here, you can find the brief and important topic of each unit of Paper 1. The UGC NET study materials are provided according to the new pattern and updated syllabus.
Each unit has been divided into several topics. Just click on the topic and start to read the study materials for paper 1 without any cost. It is free for all aspirants.
UGC NET Study Materials for Paper 1 in PDF with MCQ ⇒ BUY NOW
Click the following links for Free UGC NET Study Materials ⇓
Unit I – Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centred vs. Learner-centred methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods ( Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs etc.) (New Topic)
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based (New Topic)
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation,
Unit II – Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivistic approach to research
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods
- Steps of Research
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in Research (New Topic)
- Research Ethics
UNIT III – Comprehension
UNIT IV – Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society (New Topic)
UNIT V – Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.)
UNIT VI – Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge (New Topic)
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension) (New Topic)
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference) (New Topic)
UNIT VII – Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data ♦ Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data
- Data Interpretation
- Data and Governance (New Topic)
UNIT VIII – Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in higher education (New Topic)
- ICT and Governance (New Topic)
UNIT IX – People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals (New Topic)
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment (New Topic)
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political Dimensions (New Topic)
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance (New Topic)
UNIT X – Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India (New Topic)
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India
- Professional, Technical and Skill-Based education (New Topic)
- Value education and environmental education (New Topic)
- Policies, Governance, and Administration