Note: The information regarding UGC Care list is almost same as it is available on official site of UGC Care List. We here, just compiled all information at one place for easy access for scholars. In case of any discrepancies in this post, please visit the official website of UGC CARE List.
UGC CARE List Journals
The Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) has been established on 28th November, 2018, under the purview of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The main objective of establishing UGC CARE to match the global standard of high-quality academic research.
To achieve the global standard, the following Objectives of the UGC CARE have been proposed:
- Fostering professional research, intellectual honesty, and ethics of publishing in Indian universities.
- Promoting high-quality publications in respected journals which would help to achieve higher global ranks.
- To develop an approach and methods for recognizing journals of good quality.
- To avoid publications in predatory / dubious / substandard journals that adversely represent and tarnish Indian academia ‘s reputation.
- For all academic purposes, to establish and maintain a “UGC CARE Reference List of Quality Journals” (UGC CARE List).
Need for UGC CARE List
- The reputation of research publications is extremely important because it reflects not only an individual’s academic identity, but that of the institution and the entire country.
- The number of research papers published in reputed journals is one of the internationally recognized metrics considered for various academic purposes such as institutional ranking, appointments, faculty membership promotions, academic committee membership, awarding degrees of study, etc.
- The issue of predatory / questionable / under-standard newspapers has become a source of serious concern worldwide.
- In India, which has adversely affected its reputation, the percentage of research articles published in low quality journals is stated to be high.
- Publications in dubious / substandard newspapers represent adverse events that result in long-term academic harm and a tarnished reputation of an person, institution and country.
Scope of the UGC CARE List
The UGC CARE has taken the responsibility of preparing the UGC CARE Reference List of Quality Journals (UGC CARE List).
UGC CARE has prepared two Groups of Journals.
A. UGC CARE Group I
This list includes the Indian and Global Journals from disciplines of Arts, Humanities, Languages, etc. The UGC CARE Group I is updated regularly on quarterly basis.
UGC CARE List Group I – Science
|Acta Fytotechnica et Zootechnica
|Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
|Acta Geographica Debrecina, Landscape and Environment Series
|Department of Landscape Protection and Environmental Geography, University of Debrecen
|Faculty of Graphic Arts, University of Zagreb
|Acta Universitatis Apulensis
|Department of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Alba Iulia
|Acta Universitatis Matthiae Belii Series Mathematics
|Department of Mathematics Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University
|ADBU Journal of Engineering Technology
|Assam Don Bosco University
|Advanced Engineering Forum
|Trans Tech Publications Inc.
|Advanced Materials Research
|Advanced Science Letters
|American Scientific Publishers
|Advances and Applications in Mathematical Sciences
Complete UGC CARE List Group I – Science: Click Here
UGC CARE List Group I – Social Science
|Acta Universitatis Sapientiae Economics and Business
|Walter de Gruyter
|Adhigam (print only)
|State Institute of Education
|Administrative Development: A Journal of HIPA, Shimla
|Himachal Institute of Public Administration
|Administrative Theory and Praxis
|Taylor and Francis
|Advances in Social Work
|Indiana University School of Social Work
|African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance
|African Journal of Business and Economic Research
|Adonis and Abbey Publishers
|AIPLA Quarterly Journal
|American Intellectual Property Law Association
|American Journal of Business
|Emerald Publishing Limited
|American Review of Political Economy
|University of Washington
Complete UGC CARE List Group I – Social Science: Click Here
UGC CARE List Group I – Art and Humanities
|Aabru (print only)
|Baljeet Singh Raina
|Peter Lang Publishing Group
|Aitihya The Heritage
|Aiwan- e- Urdu (print only)
|Urdu Academy Delhi
|Ajkal Urdu (print only)
|Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Publications Division
|Akshar Wangmay (print only)
|Akshara (print only)
|Madhyapradesh Rashtrabhasha Prachar Samiti
|Akshargatha (print only)
|Al Basul Islami
|Majlis-e-Sahafat-o-Nashriyat, Nadvatul Ulema
|Al- Jeel Al- Jadeed
|Al- Jeel Al- Jadeed
Complete UGC CARE List Group I – Art and Humanities: Click Here
UGC CARE List Group I – Multidisciplinary
|Arimaa Nokku (print only)
|Asia Pacific Journal of Multidisciplinary Research
|Lyceum of The Philippines University
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi VishwaVidyalaya
|Johns Hopkins University Press
|Econophysics, Sociophysics, and Multidisciplinary Sciences Journal
|University of Pitesti
|Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication
|Flusser Studies. Multilingual Journal for Cultural and Media Theory
|Frames Cinema Journal
|Department of Film Studies, University of St. Andrews
|Global Media Journal, Indian Edition
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Complete UGC CARE List Group I – Multidisciplinary: Click Here
UGC CARE List Group I – Indian Languages
|ایوان اردو print only
|Urdu Academy Delhi
|IIS University Journal of Arts
|Journal of Acharya Narendra Dev Research Institute
|Acharya Narendra Dev Research Institute
|Prasanna Bharathi (print only)
|Prasanna Bharathi Vidya Sanskruthika Seva Trust
|Sreevani (print only)
|اردو بُک ریویو (print only)
|Mohanmmad Arlf Iqbal
|National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language
|Aligarh Muslim University
|Jahan- e- Urdu
Complete UGC CARE List Group I – Indian Languages: Click Here
B. UGC CARE Group II:
This list includes the journals from globally accepted database like Scopus, Web of Science etc.
These journals are part of UGC-CARE List as Group II and searchable through following links.
Web of Science
Scopus: Scopus Source List
- UGC-CARE has received complaints about several journals which are not following the standard publishing practices. After scrutinizing these Journals in accordance with UGC-CARE protocols, UGC has decided to remove these journals from Group II of the UGC-CARE List. Please note that any publication in these journals will not be considered for any academic purposes.
- Publishers/editors may send the request for re-inclusion of a journal which has been removed from the UGC-CARE List. They can submit journal title/s through IQAC Cell of any affiliated college / University following the prescribed submission process with the recommendation of teaching faculty along with the duly signed declaration form by IQAC head, or in his/her absence, Principal/Vice-Chancellor of the College/University. Journal information should be submitted to the nearest UGC-CARE Universities. The journals will be scrutinized again in accordance with the UGC-CARE protocols.
- Those journals from the Directory of Periodicals by the Modern Language Association that have qualified in accordance with UGC-CARE protocols are included in UGC-CARE Group II. Please note that many MLA journals are already indexed in Scopus/ Web of Knowledge databases, and these have not been separately analysed.
- The journals which are discontinued/ inactive from above databases will not find a place in Group II of the UGC-CARE List.
- UGC Cell for Journal Analysis, Centre for Publication Ethics (CPE) at Savitribai Phule Pune University(SPPU), Pune, has been notified of cloned and online versions of print-only, authentic Journals on its UGC-CARE List. The ISSN, title, logo etc have been cloned. Scholars are cautioned against such cloned versions of Journals on the UGC-CARE List, and are requested to verify with the CPE whenever they are in doubt about the veracity of any Journal. We also request that news of such cloned Journals be reported to the CPE at the earliest.
- UGC, UGC-CARE and CPE bear no responsibility for consequences that may arise from researchers publishing in cloned journals.
- The journals found to be involved in unethical practices will be removed immediately.